At reBOX, we rent, deliver, and pickup high quality moving supplies because moving creates such a mess. Get a rigid box that does not crush under 500lbs and keeps water out, yes please. Cardboard just doesn’t really float our boat but we have used it a lot. Amazon boxes roll into our house like a cool Summer breeze year round.
You have a lot of things around your house or apartment that can help you spend less on moving supplies. Use some of these creative ideas to spend and waste less!
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Keep and reuse your delivery boxes
- Dish (and maybe laundry) towels are great for packing kitchen breakables
- Rent a clothing bar instead of buying wardrobe boxes for your clothes
- Suitcases for packing shoes
- A clothes hamper for packing your hats or more shoes 🙂
- Use dresser drawers as boxes – if you use furniture wrap liberally around the drawers and your furniture is sturdy enough to move without them then try it
- Use paper yard waste bags to pack bedding/pillows (just make sure they don’t get thrown out as trash in the move)
- Use your sweaters, winter coats, or other thick material to wrap small breakables like decor or small lamps
- Bedding like comforters can wrap mirrors, art, or maybe TVs (not our favorite solution but works)
- Empty wastebaskets are great for packing toilet paper or extra bathroom supplies
There you have it. A small but mighty list of ideas that could save you some cash. Dare we say… a move in the right direction??